Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Hal chaser/Thug design

Hal Chaser/Thug design???
This is an idea for the design of the anti-hero Hal chaser which be changed abit to make it more of the design for the thug because of the idea that I could make this design for the thugs in the game due to it being so basic. I made the body and some of the limbs by using the shapes tool in photoshop these tools gave me a template for what I wanted to do I then used the brush tool to make the character more rounded and to give him more of a shade to try and make it more complex but it kind of didn't work in the way that I wanted but i went and used the pencil tool in photoshop to fill in any mistakes i made when I was using the brush tool and I used the pencil tool when i was making the characters hat and when I was filling in his mounth and eyes, with the eyes I got the idea from my designs on minecraft where I put one dot of white for the outside of the eye and I put one black dot for the inside of the eye for the pupil which makes it look like an eye using bitmap.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way that turned out man. Is that a frame from a walk cycle? It looks like he's in motion.

    The simple style really works well, what size is the image (in pixels, :P I know some people who'd give me the file size for not specifying)?

    I think you've got a good sprite to start basing others off of now :) well done mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sprite is 32-32 pixels and this is him standing still, i'm yet to start designing motion for any of the characters until i'm happy with at least one rough design for each one so I have at least four to go yet I think. But shouldn't be too long now.

    ReplyDelete